Among other factors, the fatality rate is one of the reasons why head-on collision accidents are more severe than others. The accident occurs when two vehicles collide when coming from opposite directions, i.e., both cars' heads will hit. Since the harm caused in such accidents can be immense, the consequences are also according to that only.
If you or your loved one ever faces such a situation, we are here to help you out. The experienced Chicago head-on collision accident lawyers at CCAL understand how traumatizing it can be for a family to witness a crash. The pain and suffering are such that they cannot be described in words.
However, to decrease your burden and provide you with legal guidance, our accident lawyers are always there. It is only fair to receive compensation when you are not at fault for what happened to you due to someone else's negligence.
Possible Causes of the Accident
While it may not seem that complicated, there can be several different factors that can cause an accident. Therefore, it is necessary to have a Chicago injury lawyer by your side as soon as you get involved in an accident. This way, your lawyer can help you determine the exact reason and then move forward with the case accordingly. Here are some of the most common reasons why these accidents occur.
- Going the wrong way is a more common mistake than you think it is. Most head-on collisions occur when one of the drivers is going the wrong way.
- Not being conscious or almost falling asleep is another reason why head-on collision accidents or any road accident, in general, can occur. If you are on the road and are responsible for driving the car, make sure you are not feeling sleepy.
- Using your phone while driving for any reason whatsoever or not keeping an eye on your speed will always be a problem for you and for other people on the road. Hence, you should never try to multitask while driving, even if you are good at it.
- Reading signs and following directions is very crucial. Even if you are aware of the route, you always need to keep the signs in check, wait for your signal, and follow the procedure. Failure to do so often results in a head-on collision.
- Lastly, the head-on collision can also be a cause of driving under the influence, something which every citizen should avoid at all costs.
Most Common Injuries
Head-on collision injuries are worse than ordinary car accidents. As mentioned above, the fatality rate is high for these types of accidents. Hence, if a person survives in such an accident, their injuries can be of a lifetime. This is not to scare you but to make you aware of how careful we need to be while driving.
It is crucial to ensure that you are following all the measures. Still, sometimes, you also need to be vigilant about how other people are driving around you as the consequences you may have to face because of someone else is frightening. Out of the various head-on collision injuries, some of which can give you an idea of the seriousness of the issue are head injuries, problems with the spinal cord, multiple fractures, traumatic brain injuries, and facial injuries. A CCAL personal injury lawyer can help you determine the best course of action to pursue the compensation you are due.
What You Should Do After the Accident?
We hope and pray that you and your family never have to go through such a difficult phase. However, uncertainties are a part of life, which is why you should be prepared for any situation. If you ever find yourself in a head-on collision car accident, or if you are with a loved one who got seriously injured because of the crash, do ensure to follow these steps as much as possible.
- The first thing you should do is ask for help. You may not be in a condition where you can make rational decisions. A person nearby or a police officer who has arrived on the scene can be of help if someone has called them.
- In case the police haven't been called, and if you are conscious, contact them so that they can record the scenario and gather evidence.
- While the officers will do as much as possible, you should always try your best to collect as much evidence as possible. This also includes gathering witnesses. You can do so by talking to people nearby who saw the crash and take their contact information for further reference.
- If you were traveling along with someone, you could ask them to take pictures of the scene, the car, and your injuries as proof. Digital evidence is of great value, especially if it is taken right at the time of the accident or at your earliest. It will help your Chicago head-on collision accident lawyer at CCAL ensure that you get enough compensation for all your injuries and losses.
- Another essential thing for you to do is contact your doctor immediately. Even if the crash was not intense or you cannot see any damage, there can be internal injuries, which will only appear with time if you do not consult with your doctor. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to hold on to the fresh witnesses.
- Lastly, make sure to call your insurance company and hire an experienced Chicago head-on collision accident lawyer such as that at our firm. By doing so, you will have an impact that you will go as far as required to gain justice.
What if the Person At-Fault Doesn't Have Insurance?
While every driver in Illinois is obliged to have liability insurance, there is a possibility that the person at-fault hasn't followed this regulation as well. In standard cases, the insurance company of the person at-fault could be held accountable for the compensation that you deserve.
However, in cases where the person at fault does not have an insurance policy or the limit is not sufficient, they will be responsible for providing the compensation. This will make the case more complicated, but it can still be pursued.
Another way of going about it is to file an uninsured motorist claim with your insurance company. This way, if the person responsible for the crash doesn't have insurance, or it becomes a hit and run situation; you can still recover your losses through your insurance company.
Why Do You Need a Chicago Head-On Collision Accident Lawyer?
The cases concerning head-on collision injuries can get challenging to tackle on your own. Additionally, hiring a lawyer for such cases is not expensive at all, not with CCAL, at least.
Our auto accident attorneys will fight your case and only charge a reasonable fee when you win the case. If we are unable to get your compensation, we will not get anything as well. It is like this because we are confident that our experienced legal team will surely help you get the compensation amount you deserve!