The negligent actions cause fatal accidents and injuries every day. The victims of these incidents are often left with expensive medical bills, difficult rehabilitation, lost wages because of missed work, and immense pain and suffering. Often, these accidents cause disfigurement, permanent disability, or even death. Thus, victims of these incidents and their families need skilled and aggressive legal representation from an experienced attorney who will pursue the fair compensation they deserve as they make a recovery.
Our Will County personal injury lawyers are known for their aggressive defense approach that gets our clients the outcome they desire. We provide compassionate legal counsel and communication so you’re always updated on where your personal injury case stands. Whether you’re the victim of a trucking accident, car accident, or construction accident, or if a loved one suffered from nursing home abuse or lost their life because of medical malpractice, our experienced Chicago personal injury attorneys are ready to serve as your trusted advocate and recover the financial award you’re entitled to.
The personal injury attorneys at CCAL have helped injured residents of Will County, DuPage County, Grundy County, LaSalle County, Cook County, Kankakee County, and throughout Illinois seek fair compensation when they’re because of another person’s negligent actions. As soon as we take a personal injury case, you can relax and focus solely on your healing journey. We’ll handle all the legal aspects of your personal injury lawsuit. We start by:
- Investigating the accident scene and circumstances of your bodily injury
- Examining medical records and police reports
- Collecting statements from eyewitnesses, and
- Consulting with experts.
Our goal is to get our clients all the monetary compensation they deserve and need to recover peacefully, so they can move on with their lives. To schedule a free initial consultation, contact our Chicago personal injury law firm today at (312) 300-2515.
On This Page
Our seasoned Will County personal injury lawyers have extensive courtroom experience and trial experience to use when preparing personal injury claims on behalf of injured clients across Illinois. We use our investigation and case preparation skills to prepare a solid defense strategy in personal injury cases involving:
- Motor vehicle accidents, such as truck accidents, car accidents, and motorcycle fatalities
- Medical negligence
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Premise liability
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Workplace accidents
- Construction site accidents to workers and passers-by, and
- Wrongful death lawsuits.
Whether your personal injury claim involves a traumatic injury, such as a spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury or a serious injury that can be cured over time, such as back pain, muscle damage, or broken bones, it’s essential that the insurance company understands the severity of the injury and its effect on your life.
We’ll work with your medical providers to make sure your bodily injuries are well-documented, and we’ll work with medical and financial specialists to project the future financial expenses associated with your injuries. Because of our thoroughness, we’ll help you recover the full amount of financial compensation you’re entitled to.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury because of another person’s negligence, look no further than the CCAL for experienced, and aggressive legal representation. Contact our Will County law offices today at (312) 300-2515 for a case review.
When Should You Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you have suffered bodily harm or property damage because of another person’s or entity’s negligence, you should consult an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A personal injury attorney will listen to what happened to you, evaluate your circumstances, and decide whether he or she can take your personal injury case.
It’s essential you contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible after sustaining an injury because of someone else’s reckless actions. For instance, if you’re involved in an auto accident, the other driver’s insurance company will call you quickly. The insurance company’s representatives will try to get you to say things that will hurt your legal rights and credibility, such as you didn’t sustain a serious injury or that the car accident was your fault. So, it’s in your best interest to have a personal injury lawyer representing your interests, talk to the insurance adjusters, and only provide the information necessary to put you in the best position for financial recovery.
Talking to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after you have been sustained a personal injury is also important because the lawyer can give you important legal advice to you in the most favorable position. For instance, an accident attorney can help you with the evidence in your case, including photographs, video surveillance, and witness statements. A client and lawyer relationship is protected under the attorney-client privilege and anything you say to your attorney is confidential. Further, a personal injury attorney can help you recover the maximum compensation to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial losses.
How Much Do Personal Injury Cases Settle for in Will County, Illinois?
The average personal injury settlement depends on the type of case you have, some common claims include:
- The average recovery for medical malpractice victims in Will County is about $25,000.
- Compared to the state average, medical malpractice victims in Will County recovered approximately 40% less.
- Will County accounts for 3% of medical malpractice cases in Illinois.
- Only 28% of Will County medical malpractice cases are settled.
- Compared to the state average for personal injury settlement, these medical malpractice cases settled at a rate of 19% less.
Car Accident Cases
- The median recovery for automobile accident victims in Will County is about $50,000.
- Compared to the state average, these victims recovered 28% more.
- Will County accounts for 2% of car accident cases in Illinois.
- Compared to the state average for car accident settlements, these cases settled at a rate of 3% less.
- In Will County, the average recovery for truck accident victims is about $200,000.
- Compared to the state average, the truck crash victims in Will County recovered three times more than their statewide counterparts.
- Will County accounts for 1% of trucking accident cases in Illinois.
- Compared to the state average for truck crash settlements, these cases settled at a rate 38% less
- In Will County, the average recovery for bicycle accident victims is about $25,000.
- Compared to the state average, the bicycle crash victims in Will County recovered approximately 25% less.
- Will County accounts for about 1% of bicycle accidents in Illinois.
- Compared to the state average for bike accident settlement, the cases in Will County settled at a rate of 17% less.
- The median recovery for motorcycle crash victims in Will County is $45,000
- Compared to the state average, the motorcycle accident victims in Will County recovered approximately 12% more.
- Will County accounts for 3% of all Illinois motorcycle crash cases.
- The average recovery for nursing home negligence victims in Will County is about $30,000.
- Compared to the state average, the nursing home abuse victims recovered approximately half as much as their statewide counterparts.
- Will County accounts for 1% of all Illinois nursing home negligence cases.
- In Will County, the median recovery for product liability victims is about $50,000.
- Compared to the statewide average, the product liability victims in Will County recovered approximately half as much as their statewide counterparts.
What Percentage Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Charge?
Personal injury lawyers charge based on a contingency fee agreement. Often, contingency fee arrangements give personal injury lawyers a percentage ranging between 33 and 40 percent. However, you can always negotiate a reduced percentage or alternative arrangement. Often, a personal injury lawyer receives 33% or one-third of any financial settlement or award. Thus, if you receive a settlement award of $120,000 from the responsible party’s insurance company, you will receive $80,000 and your lawyer will receive $40,000.
For Top-Rated Legal Services, Contact the Personal Injury Attorneys at CCAL Today!
Accident victims deserve fair settlement to help reduce the financial burden and stress that accompany serious injuries caused by the negligence of others. At CCAL, our seasoned attorneys have helped thousands of people in Will County and throughout Illinois recover fair compensation and we can help you too. For the best possible outcome, trust CCAL to handle your personal injury lawsuit. Contact our Will County law office today at (312) 300-2515for a free initial consultation.