Car crashes occur in a split second but can have life-changing consequences on the lives of those involved. Aside from the emotional suffering and bodily injuries most car accident victims face, many also experience financial difficulties in the aftermath of a motor vehicle crash. Perhaps it’s the time away from work while recovering, or the significant medical costs for the doctors’ appointments, physical therapy, and surgeries needed to recover.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a car crash in Joliet, Illinois, you can pursue a personal injury claim against the at-fault parties. At the CCAL, we proudly represent motor vehicle accident victims throughout Kendall County and Will County and have been doing so for decades. We take your injury personally and our legal team will do everything they can to ensure that you are fairly compensated for what you’ve gone through. To schedule a no-cost initial consultation, contact our personal injury law firm today at 312-300-2515.
What are Common Fatal Car Crashes in Joliet, Illinois?
Motor vehicle collisions are a menace in every community, including here in the city. While a large majority of car accident fatalities occur on the interstate, some Joliet auto accidents happen on local streets and roadways. The most common types of auto accidents producing severe physical injuries and fatalities involve:
- Rear-end car accidents - The NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) reports that nearly one in three automobile collisions involve rear-end collisions. Almost every driver at fault wasn't paying attention to roadway conditions just before the automobile accident.
- Hydroplaning - Wet roads during severe weather conditions caused by rain and hidden ice can cause hydroplaning, which is when tire tread can't maintain contact with the road surface. Hydroplaning causes drivers to lose control and turning the wheel right or left doesn't redirect the vehicle's path.
- Animal collision. Hitting a wild animal in the street or roadway can cause significant vehicle damage and severe bodily injuries to its occupants. It's essential to be cautious when an animal crossing sign is posted in rural areas or city streets.
- Side-impact car accident. The IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) reports that side-impact collisions account for more than 25% of all passenger vehicle accident deaths in the country. These crashes often involve T-bone collisions when one driver doesn't yield the right of way to another, causing a side-impact car accident.
- Pedestrian accidents. Hitting a pedestrian with a motor vehicle is more dangerous than bicycle accidents or motorcycle accidents. The NHTSA reports that over 60,000 pedestrians suffer serious bodily harm every year from traffic accidents.
If a fatal accident caused your bodily injuries, financial losses, or damages, you may receive financial compensation if the crash wasn't your fault.
Seeking Fair Compensation for Injuries and Losses Sustained in a Joliet Car Accident
Not only do auto crashes cause injuries, stress, and anxiety, the incident can also place you in financial turmoil for years as you heal. Automobile collisions do more than just cause damage to the motor vehicle.
A car crash can quickly generate extensive medical expenses, including ambulance transportation fees and the cost of surgeries, hospitalization, treatments, and rehabilitation. Victims of auto crashes usually can't return to work quickly and often lose income or the ability to earn a living in the future. Additionally, their physical injuries can produce substantial pain and suffering.
Because of that, motor vehicle victims should hire a Joliet car accident lawyer who has decades of experience settling and litigating similar cases. The injured party must prove how other parties are liable for the collision.
Why You Should Seek Legal Representation in Joliet Car Accident Cases
An experienced attorney can ensure that you receive the financial compensation you deserve. Your car accident lawyer will assume all responsibilities of the stressful car accident claims process.
An auto accident injury attorney will handle all correspondence and phone calls from the insurance company, healthcare providers, hospital, and medical bill collectors. The experienced auto accident attorney will also investigate the evidence and facts surrounding your accident claim, assess your financial damages, and open communication with experienced auto accident lawyers representing the parties at fault).
An experienced Joliet car accident attorney can accurately complete the personal injury lawsuit for compensation for a car collision on your behalf to seek monetary compensation for health care expenses and:
- Future medical care to heal
- Lost wages because of an accident where the plaintiff can't work or is undergoing a medical treatment
- Hospitalization costs of catastrophic injuries, broken bones, traumatic brain injury, head injuries, and temporary/permanent disability
- Property damage
- Lost future earning capacity
- Other financial damages
And if you lost a loved one in a Joliet car accident you can file a wrongful death lawsuit in civil court to hold those liable for causing the crash financially accountable. In a typical fatal auto accident case, the at-fault driver's insurance company will pay the decedent's loved ones to cover their medical bills, funeral expenses, pain, and suffering.
A knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can answer any legal question concerning your automobile collision case to provide various legal strategies on the best ways to proceed. Hiring our experienced team of skilled car accident attorneys will help you receive a full financial recovery in your case. Our automobile accident attorneys accept personal injury cases on a contingency basis, so no upfront fees are needed.
Contact Our Skilled Joliet Car Accident Lawyer Today for Legal Advice!
Reputable Joliet car accident lawyers with a comprehensive understanding of the Illinois tort law can help you receive maximum compensation even if the other driver didn't have adequate insurance coverage or any insurance at all. Working in your best interests to protect your legal rights, our Joliet personal injury law firm will ensure you can get your life back on track after the crash.
Call the Joliet, IL auto accident attorneys at CCAL today at 312-300-2515 to schedule a free initial consultation. We have helped thousands of auto accident victims in DuPage County, Kane County, Kendall County, Lake County, Cook County, McHenry County, Will County, and throughout Illinois recover maximum compensation and we can help you too.